With a successful pre-sale behind us and our ICO now less than two weeks away, things have been hotting up here at Hash Rush HQ! As mentioned in our previous post, the team has recently seen three new hires and we’re now looking to fill another position: we need a Community Manager to engage with and help build our ever-growing online community. See the full job spec below, and send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com if you think you fit the bill!
The role is based in Riga, Latvia, but remote working will be considered for the right candidate. We’re looking to move fast on this hire, with the successful applicant able to attend the ICO 2017 conference in Barcelona at 3–5 October.
Role: Community Manager — Hash Rush
We’re looking for a creative, passionate and dedicated individual to take the reins in building and nurturing the growing Hash Rush community. Managing multiple channels, you will engage daily with our community via social media and live chat. You will be responsible for retaining existing players and miners while also growing our following as you introduce newcomers to the world of Hash Rush.
On top of managing our online presence, the Community Manager will also be the face of the Hash Rush team at live events. Suitable candidates will thus be prepared for on-stage appearances as well as talking in front of the camera — ideally, you’re the kind of person who is just as comfortable explaining the whitepaper to a room full of investors as you are showing off new game reveal trailers to a crowd of eager fans.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Community Manager will coordinate with both development and publishing teams to share all major Hash Rush news, promotions and announcements across our social channels.
Through posting, monitoring and responding across a range of online touchpoints, you will constantly strive to elevate our social media presence to the next level, identifying new opportunities and potential social channels as they emerge. You will produce weekly community reports that outline both qualitative and quantitative successes and challenges, keeping management and the dev team apprised of community sentiment at all times.
As Community Manager, you will play an integral role in our communications team, ensuring that all outbound messaging is on brand and scheduled according to the global marketing and events calendar.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following:
- A love for gaming with excellent knowledge of the online gaming space, as well as familiarity with all major gaming genres and contemporary systems
- Fluent in English and excellent at both written and verbal communications
- Highly organized and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active and capable of working independently while also part of a team
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Familiarity with major blockchain platforms and cryptocurrencies — having run your own mining rig is definitely a plus!
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a range of social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Reddit required, Slack, Steemit, Discord familiarity is a bonus) and knowledge of best practises as well as emerging trends
- Minimum 2 years experience working with development teams, ideally in videogames
- A+ level of computer and Internet literacy — you’ll be blogging as well as being active on forums, so you need to know your bbCode from your Markdown
- Highly proficient with productivity and communications software as well as relevant online publishing tools
- Demonstrable experience moderating online forums, live chat, blog comments and direct messages
- Comfortable talking on camera and in front of crowds of people — you will have the opportunity to attend conferences, trade shows and player gatherings, so public speaking is a must!
Interested? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, your salary expectations, and a few links that demonstrate your relevant experience.
Employment Term: This will initially be a contract role for 3 months, with review for extension.